Saturday, May 25, 2013

I want to do ALL. THE. THINGS.

I'm sitting at home tonight trying to figure out a training plan.
I have the Chicago Women's Half Marathon in less than a month. My best goal is 2:15, my good goal is 2:20 and my "I still did better" goal is 2:23.  Although I'm satisfied with simply crossing the finish line!
The weekend after I'm doing a Dirty Girl 5k which will be really fun and I'm looking forward to the atmosphere that accompanies that race series!

Quad Cities marathon training starts on June 2nd with the Cornbelt Running Club. Marathon training will then repeat itself immediately after in preparation for the Honolulu Marathon on December 4th.  In between I have the Bix 7 and the Rock n' Roll half marathon in St. Louis.

That's why....

IT TOTALLY MAKES SENSE TO DO A SPRINT TRIATHLON!!

500 yard swim, 15 mile bike, 5k run

on August 4th, right smack in the middle of marathon training.

I also enrolled in the NASM certification self-study course.

AND I still have two kids and a husband.

Surprisingly, I don't feel overloaded- yet.  I still want to do ALL. THE. THINGS.  Every time I see a race flier or a sign at the gym, I want to participate!  What's even harder is that I want Laithe to participate in everything too but I've resolved to only enroll him in two things at a time.  He just finished soccer and tumbling.  He will be doing swimming and tumbling beginning in June.  We're also going to sign him up for a few fun runs because he constantly asks to race. 

At this point I am going to refuse to sign up for anything else (unless of course it fits into my training plan, duh). I am hoping to volunteer at a few races this summer or at least cheer people on!

How do you pick and choose races?  Or activities for your kids?

6 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you are studying to be NASM certified! I am putting all my races on hold (and social events) until after I take the ACE exam (well, except for ones that I was already registered for). I find the studying to be very interesting, but it's just SO much info! How is studying going for you? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just ordered it! I kept putting it off and putting it off...but they had a big discount this weekend! I'll let you know once I get started!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a sprint triathlon i've always thought that would be fun to do...just too chicken to do it...so i am excited to hear your report back...life gets busy when you are doing all the fun stuff. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thаnκ уou foг the аuspiciouѕ writеup.
    It in faсt was a amusement aсcount it. Loοκ advanced to fаr
    addeԁ agreeable fгom you! However, how cаn we communicate?



    my web blog Lloyd Irvin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ѕavеd as a fаvoгite, Ι
    like yоur blog!

    My ωeb blog ... reputation management

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...