Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Balance

(photo by the amazing Casey)

I've been trying so hard to find balance.  
I always feel like we have so much going on, even though that may not be the case.
There are so many things that I want to blog about but my mind has been feeling too crowded lately!
I'm training for the Chicago Women's Half Marathon in June.  I'm going to run the Quad Cities Distance Classic Half Marathon as a "practice."  And in 193 days, I *may* run the Quad Cities Marathon.
Needless to say, that's a lot of running, strength training, cross training, etc. which takes up a lot of time.
We have playgroup, tumbling, play dates, doctor's appointments, birthday parties, and book clubs.
I want to learn how to use my camera.
Laithe starts soccer in 3 weeks.
My husband has work, studying for an upcoming board, school, CVMA, and Crossfit; including the Crossfit open.  In addition, he finds out today if he got in on the lottery for the Chicago Marathon.  
Phew.

I don't know how people do it.  Maybe over the years you just get used to being exhausted all the time? 
I always have my day planned, but now I'm going to have to start scheduling to the hour.
Also, to anyone who wants to say something about me not working...I did work when we had Laithe and my husband was in Afghanistan. You ever had it that hard? Then you can shut up.

Here are two pictures from my Stitch Fix (that I said I would post last week...la la la)
(See previous post here)
Sweater $98
Definitely LOVE this sweater.  Chevron?  Not over it yet.

Dress $48
Fit perfectly.  Long enough, stretchy in all the right places.
How handsome is my husband?
This was a much needed date night and a celebration for Andy's 30th birthday!
:)

I ordered another box and specially requested an outfit to wear for my friend Molly's bachelorette party next week!  Can't wait to see what they send me!



7 comments:

  1. Lots of coffee keeps me going! You seem to have it together though- you are SUPER organized. Btw I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope people don't give you crap about not working! Geesh!

    My husband and I seriously schedule most days by the hour. Total lame town. It's such a treat when we have free time! (Date night planned tonight, but errands cutting in to it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking about you when I'm trying to fit in a 5 mile run! You're usually trying to fit in 10 or more, haha.

      Delete
  3. balance is crazy...what i would pay for an extra couple hours that only i have for myself each day! Loved seeing more of your stitch fix...i loved all my stuff too. like totally loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! I want to see your stuff! Did you blog about it? I didn't see it if you did! I started following them on Instagram and I'm loving the clothes & jewelry they show every day!

      Delete
  4. You're amazing. you folded all of your plastic bags into oragami cats. When I was a SAHM, my basement never even got cleaned.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...