Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A flat tire, a blizzard, and a wedding walk into a bar....

Last Wednesday we packed up our entire house and headed to St. Louis so we could drop the kids off. We were so proud of ourselves, we actually made it out the door 45 minutes early! The trip went wonderfully...until about 20 minutes from my parent's house when we got a flat tire. We waited for 2 hours for roadside assistance- then he couldn't even get the tire off. We called for a tow, they said it would be 4 hours. Sigh.
I called my sister to pick us up. Andy decided he couldn't take it anymore, put 14 psi in the tire and floored it to the nearest shop. The flat tire turned our 4 1/2 hour trip into a 6 1/2 hour trip. Eek.

We stayed the night in St. Louis and headed out to Tulsa early the next morning sans kiddos. We were trying to beat a snowstorm (that LUCKILY did not happen) to be there for bachelor & bachelorette parties. We made it in plenty of time. I even ran 3 miles on the treadmill at the hotel-yep, I'm that kind of a grown up now. We were so excited to celebrate the final days of Molly & Hanks single life.

On Friday Molly & I got to spend some quality time together. First Andy took us to lunch at Which Wich (yum) then dropped us off so we could get manicures while he checked out a CrossFit gym for his 13.3 workout. After, we headed back to the hotel & I got the opportunity to take a nap! We left to go to their rehearsal dinner hosted by Hank's parents at McNellie's which is *probably* Tulsa's best pub (according to the t-shirt I got). The food was fabulous, I had salmon & veggies then split mashed potatoes & gravy with Andy. Despite all the drinking & debauchery, we somehow managed to eat healthy the majority of our time there.

Saturday was the big day! First, I went with Andy to CrossFit 51 for his workout.

If you ever need a Crossfit gym in Tulsa, go there. They were the NICEST people!

 As soon as we got back I headed out with the girls so we could get our hair done. 

After heading back to the hotel to get dressed- in our tall socks and Chucks....

We went back to McNellie's to take pictures.  I can't wait to see how they turn out, it was a really neat pub! Molly & Hank tied the knot at 5:15 at the Stokely Event Center.  The Stokely Event Center is full of arcade games and old signs, it is definitely a one of a kind place!  It was the perfect venue for Molly & Hank's laid back attitudes.  Seriously, I only saw a glimpse of bridezilla once (what? kidding Molly....kidding....)

They were married by our friend Jason. The vows were traditional...until the part "if you turn into a zombie I vow to shoot you in the face." Which is Molly & Hank- so fitting.  The beautiful bride and groom's first dance-

They had a taco bar and bbq.  We have missed Mexican food so much since leaving Texas- we headed straight for the taco bar, then back around for seconds!  It was delicioso.

Unfortunately I don't have many photos from the wedding itself since I didn't bring my giant camera.  I think the photographer they had did a great job, he took tons of pictures at the reception.

We danced the night away and caught up with some old friends. We ended the night with a continued celebration of the new bride & groom at the Hard Rock casino.

The Hard Rock is newly remodeled.  Molly & Hank easily could have hosted the wedding in their suite, seriously it was HUGE.  The shower had to have been 10 feet by 6 feet.  Insane.

We got back to the hotel around 2:30 and I stayed awake most of the night worrying about an impending snowstorm and getting home to our boys! We got up and went to breakfast and said our goodbyes to the newlyweds (I didn't even cry! I was so proud!). We left at 10am & we didn't hit serious snow until about an hour from St. Louis. There was an accident 30 miles from my parents house that closed the highway and left us sitting there for about 2 hours. Finally we made it back! They ended up getting almost 14 inches of snow!!!!

We gathered up all our stuff and headed out on Monday morning. About an hour into the trip the highway was closed due to an accident (WHAT?!?!?) We ended up sitting there for about an hour. At one point a tow truck was driving by on the shoulder, he HIT Andy's truck and kept going.  We had to call highway patrol about a billion times.  Then they said they couldn't do anything because we didn't get the name of the company.  Ahhhhhh.  It happened so fast, Andy was getting out to look and by then the truck was gone.  Traffic was stopped for about a mile, so unless Andy was going to go jogging down the highway we figured we were out of luck.  We went to the highway patrol office and used the restroom.  When we got back on the highway, guess who was behind us?  The tow truck that hit us!  When we FINALLY got ahold of him his response was "I thought I hit you, but I wasn't sure!"  What?!?!?!  He ordered Andy a new tail light which he is picking up today.

We are so happy we got to spend this special time with Molly and Hank...however I have vowed to never leave the Quad Cities again after the drives we experienced!  :)


  1. What a fun trip! And you look so beautiful!

  2. No road trips with the Gregorys for left out the 'tire pressure low' pic...ugh. poor things.

    1. Hahaha, I couldn't take it anymore! Seriously, it was insane!

  3. Oh my gosh! What a fun trip, sandwiched in between awful travel. I can't believe you found that truck again! Thankfully they are replacing the light though. Geesh.

    I love the pics! You two are so cute! :) And love the zombie reference! LOL!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...