Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Why will you run?


I completed my registration yesterday for the 2nd annual Chicago Women's half marathon.
I ran it last year but definitely did not come close to my goal time!
I was 8 weeks pregnant and still rocking morning sickness.
The course got red flagged that morning due to excessive heat,
the heat index was over 100 by 8am.
Yikes.
Although I didn't meet my goal, I was still really proud!

One question that they ask is "Why will you run?"
I run because I have 2 boys to set an example for.
I want to be a strong female role model.
I want them to come to me and ask how to run faster or lift heavier.
I want to show them that women are just as strong as men,
some even stronger.
I want my boys to grow up in a healthy household where being active is the standard.

And I like getting medals.

Come run with me.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I signed up this week too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is too funny...I was just going to look into running the chicago half...didn't realize they have a women's one...I run for those same reasons...and that it helps me have more energy to keep up with my 2 boys. LOL...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...