Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Mom of the Year

First of all, this is my 100th post!  How exciting!  (for me, not you, I'm sure you don't care)

I've officially been on my own for 3 days....Friday was a HUGE success & I got so much done.
Yesterday we were up bright and early.  We had a birthday party to go to and it was to be my first outing with both kids.  It took 2 hours to get everyone ready but we successfully made it out the door on time.
We even made it to our destination early (this is a big deal for me).
Kai slept in his carseat the whole time and Laithe was well behaved.
I was super proud of myself.

The thought "this is so easy!" actually went through my head.
I am such an ass hat.
I load the kids up in the car after the party and I decide we're going to go to Hobby Lobby since I am such an amazing parent.
We're on our way and I am glowing with self satisfaction when Laithe says,
"Look at my cool trick!"
as I look up in the rearview mirror
I am met with a view of him JUMPING into the middle seat.
"You didn't even buckle me in, mom!"

F word.

2 comments:

  1. Haha I think we've all had those "slap back to mom reality moments".

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...well hey kuddos for you for going to a birthday party that in itself is huge and on time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...