Thursday, February 7, 2013

Being a mom the second time around...

It's so much easier than I ever could have imagined.
While I was still pregnant I kept thinking back to the days after Laithe was born.
Sleepless nights, snapping at Andy, and just a general "I don't know what the hell I'm doing" feeling.

This time?
None of that.  (Well, maybe I remember snapping at Andy once...oops).
I have rocked at least 6 hours of sleep every night since Kai has been home.
He's waking up every 3-3 1/2 hours and it's fabulous.
I know it won't last forever and we're going to have our rough nights, but for right now, I'll take it!

I don't know if it's because we're more relaxed in general, because we're older, or because we've been through it before but this is way better than I ever could have imagined.

We struggled with Laithe for a few days after he met Kai.  I get it, it sucks when your entire 3 year old world gets rocked.  He's doing much better now and has even come to enjoy having a baby brother.
I'm really proud of how helpful he has been and how patient he is becoming.
Although it seems his new catch phrase is "I don't love waiting!"
No one does kid.

Now that we're all settled in, I really need to focus on resuming a routine.  Andy is off work for 2 more weeks and I am so grateful.  



1 comment:

  1. i thought the same thing...i was MUCH more relaxed with the second...not totally but more. LOL...and that is awesome how much he is sleeping!!! Laithe holding Kai is such a cute picture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...