Wednesday, January 9, 2013

One Sentence Journal


One of my New Year's Resolutions was to keep a journal.
I purchased the Happiness Project One Sentence Journal and I love it!
Of course, I could use any notebook...but I love the compact size of this journal and that each page holds 5 years worth of memories for that particular day!

I also purchased the Q&A a day for kids.
It is great!
It has a simple question to ask each day and write down their response.

Examples and his responses:

Which animal do you feel like today? Why?
A zebra because I cry like a zebra

What would you like to do but can't do yet?
Change a diaper, I really want to!
(I'm not sure he exactly understands what that means....haha)

Each page has space for 3 years so you can see how their answers change over the years.
I love it and would recommend that everyone buy it right now!!!!

I've also been keeping a food journal-
I have always done this, however pregnancy got me off track.
As I am finishing up my pregnancy, the entries have looked something like this-

1/5/2013
Breakfast- Donuts....seriously?
Lunch- 3 pieces of pizza and 3 cupcakes- WTH
Dinner- Does it even matter anymore
Snack- Cupcake
Snack- Cupcake
Snack- Cupcake

Haha, granted that was Laithe's birthday party day but I have been out of control.
Definitely using this last week or so as an excuse to om nom nom everything in sight!

Hopefully next time I update it will be with baby news!
(fingers crossed!)

*I also just finished reading my third book of 2013 and I will hopefully finish listening to my second today.  I'm not planning on counting audiobooks into my overall 50 book goal for the year...but I suppose I may end up using it as a crutch...don't judge.*

Check out my books and tell me about your recommendations.
Also, friend me on Goodreads.
Don't know what Goodreads is?
Check out this explanation from The Saucy Apple

While you are here make sure you enter the GIVEAWAY!






6 comments:

  1. I bought the happiness project one for a gift exchange! I wonder if the person who got it is using it. I thought it was a cool idea. The kid's one is too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually thought about buying the one sentence journal and after reading this post, I'm definitely going to purchase the questions for kids. I'm pretty sure my 6-year-old would have some hilarious answers and that will be so fun to look back on later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few different ones for kids depending on age. It's such a fun idea!

      Delete
  3. the questions for kids...love that idea! i try to write down the funny stuff the boys say...but love the question/answer idea...and your food journal...hahahahaha mine would have been such a joke when I was preggo wish i would have wrote down to have some really good laughs...audio books totally counting cruch or not.lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was using a recipe box and I would write down funny things Laithe said and put them in there...although I had good intentions, I never did it! Now I've been writing anything that he says along with my one sentence in my journal. I'm trying to get back to a detailed food journal, but writing 13 oatmeal cookies is a little embarassing!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...