Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Lose 10 Pounds Today*

*Your experience may differ....drastically.

Can you lose 10 pounds in one day?  No, you definitely can't**
**If you can...wow, we should talk
Can I?  Yes!  If I ever go into labor....
I've exercised throughout my pregnancy.  Sure some weeks have been lazier than others, but some have been amazing (ah-hem, half marathon during first trimester).
I've obviously been doing a lot of walking the last few weeks.
Why?
Because that's what people tell you to do, right?

This morning I thought I would try to kick it up in a higher gear and see if I could get things moving.
I've been having contractions for the last 4-5 days and they've been about 30 minutes apart.
Which basically means nothing.
Here is the treadmill incline workout I came up with.
(Note: I am not a doctor or a trainer, this is my workout and if you choose to do it, it is at your own risk.  If you are also a billion weeks pregnant, it may not be a good idea at all.***)
***Unless it puts me into REAL labor, then I'm going to sell this bitch.

Being SUPER pregnant, I definitely need a good warm up, so I started out with a 10 minute waddle warm up walk at 3.2mph.


Cool down:  Once again, big momma needs a long cool down, so I walked for 10 minutes at 3.2 mph (at a zero incline).

Followed up with some hip opening yoga poses- frog, cobbler, half pigeon, & happy baby, held for 3-5 minutes each.
The bigger I get, the more ridiculous these look.

So, there you have it.  Hopefully I go into labor, but if not I have an appointment today with my midwife.

Also, this is a great workout if you're not pregnant.  I would bump each incline up by one (except the 12's) and complete at a little bit faster walk (3.7 mph maybe?)








2 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahahaha...isn't it funny what we all try to get labor starting...and ahhh impressed on your incline girl geez you are on mission!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And of course I didn't go into labor...so I'm going to spend the rest of my pregnancy eating cookies :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...