Thursday, January 3, 2013

I like big books and I cannot lie.

I saw a canvas bag with the saying
"I like big books and I cannot lie."
I loved it, however I usually only get one or two books from the library,
so was it really necessary to bring a bag for that purpose?
Last Saturday before embarking on my "Read 50 Books During 2013" challenge
I picked up my items on hold.
There were 5 books and one audiobook.
The husband commented that I looked ridiculous carrying it all out.
Library materials + HUGE pregnant + 2 inches of ice on sidewalk = me looking like a jackass

Thus I was able to create my very own library bag.
It cost me zero dollars.
I already had a bag and fabric paint.
I created a stencil on my Silhouette.


The hardest part was that it took me 15 minutes to find my iron.
 Step One: Iron bag.


Step Two: Place stencil where you would like it.
(I used adhesive vinyl)


Step Three: Slather it in fabric paint.
Let dry for 4 hours, it will be washable after 72 hours.


Step Four:  Peel off stencil.



Step Five:  Carry bag to library and feel like a total badass...

Unless the "one thing" your kid gets is this:
Then you look like a jerk because it doesn't fit in your bag and of course the handle has conveniently been broken off.  
Well played kid.  It is "one thing."

Do you carry a bag to the library?  Or am I alone in my awesomeness?

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love that bag! I normally have a TON of books on hold... way more than I ever read, but I guess my eyes are too big for my... eyes? mind? hmm... don't know about that one. Now I'm going to be looking for a similar bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are soooo many cute ones on Etsy! You'll have to get one (or make one), it makes me want to march around the library until people notice it. Ha!

      Delete
  2. that is such a cute idea...I do grab a bag when I know I have a lot of books on hold...love that you made this with your silhouette i have the cricut and need to figure out all the awesomeness i am sure it does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I RARELY ever use my Silhouette, but I see so many amazing things that people make with them. I really need to figure it out!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...