Monday, January 14, 2013

A letter to my first born...


Dear Laithe,

Happy birthday three year old!
It's hard to believe how much has changed in three short years, you have become quite the big boy!
We have been through a year deployment, a move across the country, and now you are going to be a BIG BROTHER!
I'm hoping we make it through today without meeting your little brother so that you still have your own special day.
I want you to know how lucky I am that I get to spend every single day at home with you.
Things are going to change when your brother gets here and sometimes you won't understand why I can't play, but I want you to try to be patient.
I know that you are going to be such a big helper.  You have such a sweet, sensitive disposition.  
You are going to be an amazing big brother.
I am so proud of you and I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for us.
This morning you said "I love you and I love my heart."
I love you too and you are my heart.

Love, 
Mommy

*******************************
Currently I am 39 weeks and 6 days pregnant.  Eeek.  I honestly didn't think we would make it through the weekend...but here I am, still pregnant.  Grumble.




4 comments:

  1. Oh, Jess, I didn't realize how pregnant you were! I'm wishing you so much luck and sending prayers your way. :) I love this letter to your first born, too. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully he'll be here in the next few days...I'm so ready!

      Delete
  2. what a sweet sweet letter...I bet he is going to be an amzing big brother...I have two boys and it is SO much fun watching them together...well lets be real crazy too with their wrestling, jumping, running, climbing, yelling etc..BUT the sweetness they share ahhhhh...warms the heart...

    and I didn't realize how far along you were...ugh...feelin' for you. hang in there...baby boy just wants to "bake" a bit longer :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I was worried they would end up sharing a birthday, but now it's passed and I'm just READY! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...