Monday, December 17, 2012

DIY Taco Seasoning

I try to cook at least one new recipe a week, however there are certain meals that are always guaranteed to get the Big One's approval.
A go to meal for us is turkey tacos.
I made them about once a week and they are always delicious!

I was getting annoyed buying taco seasoning.  I never had it when I needed it, so no last minute tacos.
I decided that I would start making our own.

Here is the recipe, I would say it is fairly mild.
You can add more chili powder and red pepper if you want it hotter!

Taco Seasoning
(Makes approximately 5 servings)

1.5 tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. paprika
1 tbsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. sea salt


Mix well & place in a closed container.
Use 1 tbsp. per pound of meat and add a half a cup of water.


I used Martha Stewart Chalkboard Labels and chalk markers to make a label for a mason jar.



Multiply the recipe by 3 or 4 if you make tacos on a regular basis and want a larger supply!

One of my favorite people, Casey loaned me a lens for my new camera.
And I love it.
Hopefully she'll show me how to use it.
Ha.

Until then,
I can't really go wrong taking pictures of this cute kid.



2 comments:

  1. Hey Jess! I just stumbled on your blog, and I'm loving it! I love the taco seasoning idea. We're always running out of it, too, and even though there's a Penzey's just down the street, it closes before I even realize I'm out. I'm bookmarking this page for my next taco seasoning dilemma. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Haley! It's so easy to mix up and we almost always have the ingredients on hand! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...