Monday, December 10, 2012

Dare to DIY: Snowman Wreath

I've been looking for a wreath for Christmas.
I found one that I loved at Hobby Lobby, for $149. 
Eh, I didn't love it that much, not even for 50% off.

The Big One is at the age where everything for Christmas should be fun.
A beautiful wreath? Boring.
A snowman wreath?  That's fun!

Since I am once again linking up to Dare to DIY,
I decided we would make a snowman yarn wrapped wreath.
It cost less than $20 for all the materials.

Materials needed:
3 wreaths (foam or plastic wrapped) small, medium, and large
Yarn
Felt/Foam to create the hat
Scissors
Glue
Ribbon


Step One:
Wrap all the wreaths with yarn.
It may take you three days, that's ok.  :)


Step Two:
Tie the wreaths together with yarn/


Step Three:
Draw a top hat and cut it out.



Step Four:
Glue hat on.


Step Five:
Wrap ribbon around for the scarf.


When we finished it, it was raining.  This morning it is 17 degrees.
I'll venture to the front porch at some point to hang it on our front door..
after it warms up!  :)

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the nontraditional and fun take on a wreath. I'm also a big fan of the glittery hat! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! That looks so fun, I bet the kiddos LOVE it! Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I love the hat! Thanks for joining the Dare to DIY!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...