Monday, December 31, 2012

Are You Down With New Year's Resolutions?


The husband and I completed our list of New Year's resolutions over the weekend.
Last year we quit smoking (gross...) and we both ran a half marathon (GO US!)

Our goals for 2013

-Andy-
Compete in 2 crossfit games
 Laithe and I gave him a gift certificate to a Crossfit gym last year for Father's Day.  To say he enjoyed it would be an understatement...obsession?
Complete a mile everyday
 I think this is a really cool idea.  He should blog about it.

-Jess-
Write in one sentence journal everyday
I have a horrible memory.  Hopefully I can remember to write down my memories.
Read at least 50 books
Join me and keep up with my reviews under the books section of my menu. 
Project Life
It's like a scrapbook but without all the super hard work.  I already have all the materials, I just never followed through with it.
Upload pictures and organize at least once a week
That way in December next year I'm not trying to condense 2,000+ pictures into a photo book.
Follow along with The Happiness Project and Happier at home
I went through and joined the resolutions of each month together.  There are a LOT but I'll just be completing the things that apply to me.  I'll be posting on the first and the last of each month to review my goals and my progress for the month.

Whoa!  That's a lot!  However, I feel like they are all manageable goals and will contribute to our overall happiness and productivity for the year.  I don't have any fitness related goals simply because I've kept a fairly regular exercise schedule up until the last month or so of my pregnancy.  I will be running the Chicago Women's Half Marathon again in June and hope to complete many more races during the year!

I would also like to recommend printables from Put It One Paper to help you reach your New Year's goals.  Sarah has a "Organized New Year's Resolutions" bundle to help meet finance, cleaning, & fitness goals.  I will be reviewing the cleaning bundle next Monday, January 7th and hosting a giveaway!  Be sure to check out her store before then!

Do you keep New Year's resolutions or do you have a resolution to never make resolutions??
Wishing you happiness, health, and more in 2013!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, 50 books! You go girl. :) I'm so behind on making my goals for the new year, but I'm definitely going to incorporate ideas from THP. I haven't looked at Happier at Home, but I may just have to give it a peak the next time I'm at the bookstore. :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too! Definitely check out Happier at Home! I'm excited about my 50 book goal, I've never made a reading goal before and I hope I don't start to feel burned out from it.

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of 50 books --- that's a lot! I love to read and will have to check out some of your book reviews. I'm always looking for new books! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too! If you're not on GoodReads, you should get on there ASAP! It's the greatest thing ever for book lovers!

      Delete
  3. Jason and I made a lot this year too! We can do it!! Hopefully your boys will allow you to get them all done...you are definitely outnumbered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that you have different resolutions for each month! It will be so much easier to be motivated when there isn't snow on the ground! :-/

      Delete
  4. girl we are like on the same page for resolutions books & pictures! 50 books! Mine is 26...excited to see which ones you post about! and the happiness project I need to check that out. Congrats on quitting smoking! and for running half marathon those are both awesome feats to accomplish!!! You go girl for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! 26 is awesome! You should definitely get the Happiness Project, it's a great read.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...