Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Almost Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies

Since the husband is back and I actually have to cook 
(vs. the two months the Big One and I spent eating cereal and lunchables for dinner),
I decided I would make something special.

The husband is very into CrossFit and all things that they teach,
such as a paleo diet.
I'm not going to convert our entire family menu
but I have agreed to cook at least one meal a week.

I've made these cookies in the past and they were delicious.
I wish I could make them on a regular basis, however they are pricey!
Almond flour runs about $9.00 and one bag is enough to make two batches of these cookies.
Although, the husband and I will only eat one or two of these at a time.
They are MUCH more satisfying than cookies with white flour (which we would eat a whole package of- ha)

Almost Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
(adapted from The Detoxinista)
Ingredients:

2 Cups of almond flour
1/4 cup softened butter
3 Tbsp. pancake syrup (ANY kind)
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips

Step One: Preheat oven to 350 degrees


Step Two:  Whisk together almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt.

Step Three:  Add butter, vanilla extract, and syrup. Mix well.


Step Four:  Fold in chocolate chips.


Step Five:  Place wax paper down on baking sheet.
Drop dough in rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 9 minutes or until edges are browned.

(Om nom nom nom)
Step Six: Let cool approximately 10 minutes.

Enjoy!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...