Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pregnancy Pity Party

I planned on posting yesterday with a cute bookmark tutorial, but...I didn't.

I don't want to be a whiny brat.
I am very lucky to have a healthy pregnancy,
so many people wish that they could have the same.  
I have never had any issues with either pregnancy that would threaten my physical
health or that of our children.

However, I am currently suffering from perioral dermititis.
Basically, it looks like an angry red bumpy flaky gross rash above my mouth
and it is also beginning to spread onto my chin.
It is quite painful and constantly feels like its burning.

And it is GROSS.
It can't be covered up
and people WILL notice it.

I've had it for about six weeks and it has gotten OUT OF CONTROL
over the last week.
To the point where it is affecting my emotional well being.
It's hard to go out of the house when you feel like everyone is looking at your face.
I've been trying to avoid going out as much as possible because I am so self conscious about it.
It has brought me to tears several times in the past few days.
(I'm sure being hormonal doesn't affect the crying at all- haha)

I am extremely embarrassed by the way it looks,
so I suppose I am writing this in case I see you out in the real world.
I constantly feel like I have to explain it as soon as I see someone.
"Hi!  It's so good to see you!  Sorry I have this disgusting rash all over my face and that it is so distracting."

Here is a picture of it on the calm side:
(with less than stellar lighting, I apologize)

Basically a red moustache.

There isn't anything that I can do while still pregnant except for natural treatments.
Things like yogurt, honey, apple cider vinegar, etc.
If you know of anything, I will gladly take your suggestion.

Commonly it clears up shortly after delivery, but in some cases antibiotics are still needed....which can't be taken while nursing.  So here's to hoping in clears up after delivery!







2 comments:

  1. You poor thing! I would feel the same way too. I hope it does clear up after delivery! If not miraculously sooner :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...