Sunday, November 18, 2012

"Give Thanks" Sign (Dare to DIY)

I am joining in the Dare to DIY hosted by the lovelies at:

The theme for this week is "be thankful"

I knew I wanted to make a sign of some sort, but that is where my creativity was hitting a wall.
I had an extra 16x20 canvas and when I brought it out the Big One said
"Is that for me to paint?"

Sure.  Why not?
He's way more creative than me.

Here is his tutorial for a "Give Thanks" sign complete with LOTS of handprints.

Materials Needed:
canvas
craft paint (we used tan, red, orange, yellow, & black)
foam brush (to brush paint on hand)
stencil for "Give Thanks"

 Brush paint onto hand using a foam brush.
Then let them handprint away!

We did one color at a time and let it dry for about an hour between each color.
 I cut out "Give Thanks" using vinyl & my Silhouette 
and painted it black...
in retrospect, I wish I would have used brown.  
Love it.
And he is super proud that it's in our entryway.


I'm also linking up at:


Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest



12 comments:

  1. cute, Can't wait to see you both!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is this? I love that he wanted to know if it was for him. Kids are so cool and don't have the same hang-ups about "messing up" like we do as adults. I love how it turned out, and how special that it's from his very hands. Literally.

    Thanks for linking up to Dare to DIY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! It's really fun to do projects with him! I tried to help him with the handprints and got a stern "I can do it MYSELF!" Which makes it even more special :)
      Thanks for the opportunity to link up!

      Delete
  3. Super project. I love it when you can get the kids involved in the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Any art my child can make that captures how small his little hands or toes are is perfect. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I love that kids go all out with crafts. No making sure this perfect or the colors are just right. They just go to town.

    Thanks for joining in on the DIY fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He walked by it today and said it needs more paint! :)

      Delete
  6. So adorable! I love that your little guy wanted to join in your crafting. That's awesome! It'll be so fun to bring it out every year as he gets older and see how he's grown. It looks so festive and fun, and I love that you did it together! Thanks for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I have found that it's so much easier to have him help, hopefully it will turn him into the type of man that can use power tools and a sewing machine :)

      Delete
  7. That is SO cute. I'm highly enjoying catching up on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...