Friday, November 30, 2012

Apparently, I AM my Mother.

Throughout my entire life, my mother has always sang.
Loudly, the same lines over and over, out of tune, wrong words, etc.
Yes, there were times where her less than stellar singing voice was embarassing...
that is until the Big One was born.

He screamed the first few days he was home from the hospital and oddly enough, my mom's singing voice would calm him down.
Sing on mom!

Tonight I was giving the Big One dinner.
He was sitting at the table and I brought over his plate.
"You forgot my napkin."
Got him a napkin.
"You forgot my juice."
Got him a juice.
"You forgot 'nother piece of my heart."
Uhh....what?
"You forgot 'nother little piece of my heart."

Then it hit me.  I am my mother.  I have been sining Janis Joplin's "Piece of My Heart" for approximately the last 10 hours.
Loudly, the same lines over and over, out of tune, and I just discovered after a quick listen on iTunes,
the wrong words.
Eeek.

I felt exhausted today and attempted three times to take a nap.
The Big One wasn't having it.

However, I have to be quiet now because Batman is sleeping.
In the middle of my kitchen floor.
Using a dish towel as a blanket.

Our Elf on the Shelf, Arthur, has been visiting in random places,
however tomorrow he will be more adventurous! 
(Seriously, planning a whole month of creative ideas is hard)

Here are a couple places that he has shown up-





2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...