Tuesday, October 9, 2012

31 Days to Prepare for Baby, Day 9- You Can't Always Be Prepared


 As a parent, you always want to try to shield your children from the sadness and pain of the world for as long as possible.  Sometimes a parent chooses to lie about things that are happening or tell a stretched version of the truth.  Other parents choose to tell the truth at all times.

We recently had a death in the family.
Upon hearing the news, I was extremely upset and crying.
When the Big One asked what was wrong...I had to come up with the right words to explain.
How can you help a child understand?

These are the times you will never be prepared for.  No amount of research can prepare.

The Big One just now turned to me and said, "Pops was hurt, but now he's OK."

Obviously, he doesn't understand exactly what someone passing away means, but I am proud of his reaction so far and I think he understands more than we have been giving him credit for.

**I found this article from healthychildren.org helpful.**

Day 10- Chevron Letters

Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...