Thursday, October 4, 2012

31 Days to Prepare for Baby, Day 4- Stocking the Changing Station


Today we are going to talk about stocking the changing station.
We will be spending a lot of time changing diapers and need to make sure we always have everything on hand!  With the Big One we purchased a changing table with his furniture, so we will be using the changing table again.  I loved having it because of the shelves and the drawer, I could keep everything in one place!
We will also be reusing our Diaper Genie.  

The ONLY complaint I had about the Diaper Genie was the price of the refills! 
Then a genius who blogs at magnificent bliss came up with the fabulous idea of making her own refills!
I will definitely be utilizing this method this time around!
Check out how to make them here.
If you use cloth diapers, more power to you.

Other essential items:

A big ass bottle of hand sanitizer is great to have on the changing table shelf.
I went through a few bottles within the first few months of our son being born.  During the early stages I was so paranoid about germs!  Now? Nah...your sucker fell in the dirt?  Wipe it off on your shirt, it's fine!

Diapers!
We have a few small packages of newborn size and a few of size one.
I will NEVER EVER NEVER buy a diaper without a coupon.  You shouldn't either.
I bought name brand diapers to get us through the first few weeks, but after we determine that baby Kai doesn't have any allergies or sensitive skin, I will buy whatever is the cheapest!
**Never run out of these!!!**  :)

Wipes
Same deal as diapers.  Never buy them without a coupon!  I'm not brand loyal for wipes either, I got sensitive for the first few weeks, then after that, it's anything goes!

Boudreux's Butt Paste
This stuff is AMAZING.  They even have a spray on.  Anytime the Big One even had a little redness, spray it on and it was healed up immediately!  Plus, how funny is it to ask someone to go fetch the butt paste?

Digital Thermometer
It just makes sense to keep a baby's thermometer with their changing essentials...let's face the facts, you wouldn't want someone else in your house accidentally confusing the anal thermometer with the oral thermometer.  Best to just keep them seperate, or label it REALLY WELL.

Laundry Basket
Great thing to have nearby.  Also keep a small bottle of stain remover to spray on clothes before throwing them in there.


**Quick sidenote:  We had to go out of town for a few days, I will update with our progress at home as soon as we get back! **


Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Twitter




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...