Sunday, October 28, 2012

31 Days to Prepare for Baby, Day 28- Packing the Hospital Bag


I didn't pack a bag beforehand when I had the Big One. I had plenty of time & I really didn't feel like I was missing anything! Although, we stayed in the hospital for EXACTLY 24 hours after he was born. I honestly just wanted to be at home. Everyone says "Get your rest in the hospital!" Seriously? Who can sleep there?!

For me:
-Change of clothes (something stretchy that I won't mind throwing away after)
-Headbands/ponytail holders
-Lotion
-Chapstick
-Magazines
-Personal hygiene bag (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc)
-Camera
-Cell phone charger
-Extra bag to shove all the hospital goodies in (diapers, receiving blankets, everything we can grab!)

For the husband:
-Toothbrush/Toothpaste
-Change of clothes (just in case he drives me to the hospital in his jammies!)
-Magazines
-Cash for vending machines

For the Big One:
-Special "Big Brother" Surprise for when he comes to visit. Now, I just need to figure out what it will be! I was thinking a watch? That's pretty cool for a big boy, right?

Also, I will need to pack a bag for the Big One in case he will need to stay overnight with our neighbors.

Any fabulous hospital must haves??



2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could get him one of those little kid cameras. I noticed he loves taking pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! We were going to get him one for Christmas, but I think we'll give it to him as a big brother present. It seems very grown up :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...