Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 Days to Prepare for Baby, Day 2-Painting!


MOM! I want in this bed!!!!  I want to sleep here!!!


Today I decided I would work on painting the room.
I wasn't sure if I wanted to paint a solid color or stencil one wall.
Then, I can across a great tutorial from The Tall Chick
for a Chevron wall.
In love.

For those of you who don't know,
this is what a plain wall looks like... 

I'm not going to try to duplicate The Tall Chick's tutorial,
head over there & take a gander at it yourself.
So easy.

There are many times I read DIY instructions and people say
I totally built this barn, made a 5 course meal, and knitted you a sweater 
while my dog watched my 8 kids. 
I am always apprehensive when it seems too easy to be true.

I decided I would time myself while completing this so you could get a 
realistic idea of what it took to complete.

Taping...sigh...I hate to tape/paint/anything that takes a long time for results (pregnancy?).
I lack patience and I get easily frustrated when things take longer than I thought they would.

Fortunately, I have a very cute helper.  The Big One double checked all my measurements,

This tape is 38 inches!  Let me hammer it, good as new!

Perfect example, this task can be completed with little kids around.
Unless your kids are terrors,
then maybe they will watch Finding Nemo instead.


Woo-hoo!  Almost halfway!


The Big One took a few pictures couple hundred pictures while I was taping.
Here is the best one:

DONE!
I had set a timer for 60 minutes when I started.
I had 2 minutes left.
Not too bad!


I was going to wait until tomorrow to paint,
but I'm still impatient...
So I went ahead and put on the first coat.


It took about 30 minutes to paint the first coat.
Mainly because I'm a terrible painter and somehow managed to paint the ceiling, over one section of tape, and the other wall.
I spent about 10 minutes correcting my mishaps.
Oops!


I LOVE it!
I will be putting a second coat on it tomorrow!


Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Twitter



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...