It has been made apparent to me that recovering this glider is not going to happen in one day.
We went on a two mile walk, then ate a big lunch, I was thinking the Big One would nap,
I was wrong!
He helped me start on the recovering of the glider by climbing, jumping, stomping, and pulling on the fabric as I tried to straighten it out.
Here is what the glider originally looked like
I took the bottom cushion off
And traced the outline with a washable marker, adding about 3/4" around so that I could have a small seam allowance.
I folder over the fabric and cut out the pattern.
Pinned together and sewed the sides with a 1/4" seam.
I decided to not sew the back & I'm going to get some button snaps one day this week.
I want to be able to take it off and wash it.
never wears pants.
It took me about 7 minutes start to finish.
Honestly, the only complaint I ever had about this glider is that the bottom cushion is too thin.
Hopefully I'll be able to find a different one, but if not at least it will look cute and be washable. :)
It's in my plan to finish up the rest tomorrow,
however recovering the back is going to be a bit more tricky for me!
Make sure you enter my giveaway for an item of your choice from Brooke's Angel Wings.
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Twitter