Monday, October 15, 2012

31 Days to Prepare for Baby, Day 15- Recovering the Glider

It has been made apparent to me that recovering this glider is not going to happen in one day.
We went on a two mile walk, then ate a big lunch, I was thinking the Big One would nap,
I was wrong!

He helped me start on the recovering of the glider by climbing, jumping, stomping, and pulling on the fabric as I tried to straighten it out.
Ha.

Here is what the glider originally looked like


I took the bottom cushion off

And traced the outline with a washable marker, adding about 3/4" around so that I could have a small seam allowance.
Instant pattern.
I folder over the fabric and cut out the pattern.
Pinned together and sewed the sides with a 1/4" seam.
I decided to not sew the back & I'm going to get some button snaps one day this week.
I want to be able to take it off and wash it.
Ta-da
never wears pants.

It took me about 7 minutes start to finish.  
Honestly, the only complaint I ever had about this glider is that the bottom cushion is too thin.
Hopefully I'll be able to find a different one, but if not at least it will look cute and be washable. :)
It's in my plan to finish up the rest tomorrow,
however recovering the back is going to be a bit more tricky for me!


Please...
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Twitter


1 comment:

  1. It will look great, maybe you can add some foam to it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...