Thursday, October 11, 2012

31 Days to Prepare for Baby, Day 11- Burp Cloths


I bought a cute fabric last week at Walmart,
the colors were similar to Kai's room
and I hoped to make him a few things to match.

I bought 1 yard.

Today when we got home from Laithe's playgroup, I thought it would be fun to sew some burp cloths.
I haven't sewn anything in a couple months- eek!

The very best burp cloths are cloth diapers,
but they are boring.
So I added fabric to them to spruce them up a little.

Cut fabric 17x5 inches.


Fold over 1/2" on all sides, iron, and pin along the seams of the cloth diaper.


Sew.


Or have your toddler sew.


I'm making things for the baby!

Uhh...don't look directly at that dirty room...


I made 4 today.  It took about 15 minutes start to finish,
with toddler sewing in between.  :)



Thanks for stopping by!



Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Twitter


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I might try to make some curtains next week!

      Delete
  2. Love it! You and I must be on the same wave length because I have a stack of these only sewing table to sew too. These are definitely the best burp cloths and I'm just planning to use a flannel blanket for the fabric to get a little extra absorpancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using flannel sounds like a great idea! I love making them because they are so easy. :)

      Delete
  3. Is that Laithe's new batman shirt???
    Can't wait to see the curtains

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...