Wednesday, October 10, 2012

31 Days to Prepare for Baby, Day 10- Chevron Letters


After trying to catch up on some things around the house,
we went out shopping.
We went to JoAnn's to pick up some wooden letters.
When pulling in the parking lot, the Big One pointed out the "spooky halloween store," so of course we had to go in there and look around.

The Big One fell asleep shortly after we got home and I got to work on the letters for the Little One's room.


 The letters were $2.99 each

I painted the letters a khaki color, then
I drew a chevron-ish pattern by hand.
Using high tech eyeballing it measurements
and super expensive Trident gum to draw a straight line.
I know...I'm technical.



Then I marked a "B" in the areas to paint
and taped them off.


I did a little bit of touch up, but I was pleased overall with the outcome.
(Note, it is NOT this dark)


This is what it looks like on the wall, with good lighting.


Above the changing table.


I looked at JoAnn's for a frame to place around it, but I didn't find anything I really loved so I'll keep looking!


Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...